> Profile
> Hollister 2008 Membership Form

Links
Casa de Swag

July 10th, 2006

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
lisa_marli
01:31 pm - We Need Stickers!
First off, Thank you Andy for setting me up to post here.

We Need Stickers! Like all the other bids to stick on people's badges at the Bid Party.

Fruit come to mind. Gee I wonder why? :)

Any path, they are cheap, usually available at Teacher Supply Stores, and totally silly. Which is appropriate.

If you're not careful Andy, we'll get cows. >-) Those are easily available at TSS too.

Note - On my lj where I posted this first, Garlic stickers were suggested. First off, I was thinking of the Casa de Fruita connection, thus the Fruit, Duh. Second, Garlic stickers if they do exist, are rare. Fruit Stickers are common, some are even obnoxiously scented. Much better for our purposes. :) Hey, This is a Silly Bid!

Is there a Casa da Garlic at the site? Besides, Gilroy is the Garlic Capital not Hollister.

So, if anyone can find Garlic Stickers, we can talk. But in the meanwhile, the next time I'm someplace that carries Fruit, I'll probably pick some up. After all this is the "Swan Song" party, unless we decide to become the next Minneapolis in 73.

Oh, No. Nasty Thought! After We lose, we can change our year to 2009! There is Precedent now!

G,R, & D
Current Mood: sillysilly

(8 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:

[User Picture]
From:kproche
Date:July 10th, 2006 08:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Except that next year we won't be geographically disqualified.

Nor will the Prime Instigators be at Yokohama... which makes spin control lots trickier ;-)
[User Picture]
From:lisa_marli
Date:July 11th, 2006 06:09 am (UTC)
(Link)
OK, OK. It was a silly evil idea. Bummer. We need another excuse to throw silly parties besides LoEG.
And do check out the Fruit at Mrs Grossman's. The Posh should work, as it has cherries and several other fun things. Very Fruita looking.
Hm, just did another search on Cherries. There is a Berries & Cherries set that is just strawberries, rassberries(?) and cherries, nothing else. That might work too.
Must go to store later this week. Probably Friday.
[User Picture]
From:kproche
Date:July 10th, 2006 09:03 pm (UTC)
(Link)
So, Andy --

Since it is our final Hollister in 2008 party, how are you going to decide who gets ribbons? Are they still only for people who presupport?

If that's the case, Lisa is right, we do need stickers...

Ideally, little doublets/triplets of cherries; that's what CdF uses on lots of their promo merchandise.
[User Picture]
From:dinogrl
Date:July 10th, 2006 09:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'll check my bags of booty from Mrs. Grossman's, but I don't think I've got them. I have got something like shallots, but they're locked away now at school. You could also consider for the premium pre-supporters being a Casa de Fruita Buffalo, and present them with this:
http://www.mrsgrossmans.com/products/productView.cfm?keywords=Product_only%20AND%20wild%20animals%20NOT%20coloring%20books

Look under "Bison" if that doesn't take you there.
[User Picture]
From:dinogrl
Date:July 10th, 2006 09:24 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Akk, I forgot about Denver using the buffalo, so never mind, but you can find more stickers on that link I sent that you can use, just click on "nature". Two types of fruit stickers there.
[User Picture]
From:lisa_marli
Date:July 11th, 2006 06:03 am (UTC)
(Link)
I like the Posh Fruit Basket myself. It has cherry bunches, and looks very Casa de whatever. Look up Fruit on the Mrs Grossman website, there are only three that come up.
Needless to say, I already know about Mrs. Grossman's website. But I'm thinking of hitting the local TSS and seeing what else is out there. MG isn't the only source.
But if I don't find anything else, Posh should be ok.
I do know that Apples are the most common. Gee I wonder why? Ms Spring, do you have any idea? ;P Yeah, I think it's dumb too. Apples are For the Teacher, not to be given out by the teacher. Oh, well.

[User Picture]
From:darrelx
Date:July 10th, 2006 10:00 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Is there a Casa da Garlic at the site? Besides, Gilroy is the Garlic Capital not Hollister.

Hollister is between Gilroy (garlic capital) and Los Baños (the bathrooms) so maybe have one sticker with garlic and one sticker with a toilet -- wearer's choice.

[grin]
From:rutemple
Date:July 13th, 2006 05:59 am (UTC)
(Link)
Garlic ought to work well, as a side! trip! to Gilroy! for Garlic! (you must please imagine the sideshow letterpress font) would certainly be in order, along the lines of folks who'll be going across the way from LAconIV to Disney. yes? no?

What marvelous silliness!

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com