?

I've been remiss... - Hollister in 2008!

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Hollister 2008 Membership Form

Links
Casa de Swag

September 8th, 2006

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
bovil
04:59 pm - I've been remiss...
...in posting the voting results.

Hollister in 2008 got 79 votes in the first count. While we didn't lose in first place (like we had hoped), according to Tom Veal, this is a record for an ineligible write-in candidate.

We're still the biggest losers ever!

The 2008 Worldcon was awarded to Denver. This was such a big surprise that everybody thought the "Denver Wins!" headline in the hoax-zine was a hoax. This was such a big surprise that Denver didn't even have a suite to host their victory party in. They really thought they were going to go down in flames.

In the final count, they won by 12 votes. Hollister in 2008 beat the spread!

(4 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:

[User Picture]
From:yourbob
Date:September 9th, 2006 02:17 am (UTC)
(Link)
And to celebriate, the "Hollister2008 Store" is now closed.

The "Pacheco Progress for Hugo!" Store will be opening soon. (kidding!)
[User Picture]
From:johnnyeponymous
Date:September 9th, 2006 04:10 am (UTC)
(Link)
You know, I've got a plan that'll debut in a few weeks, once TAFF stuff cools off...
Chris
[User Picture]
From:redneckotaku
Date:September 9th, 2006 11:23 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Congrats again. Let us hope that Denver 2008 doesn't become the biggest Worldcon hoax ever (NOLACON 1988) is consider the biggest Worldcon Hoax ever. I wonder if I should produce buttons saying " Don't Blame me, I voted for Hollister 2008."
[User Picture]
From:bovil
Date:September 10th, 2006 01:48 am (UTC)
(Link)
I think that the Denvention 3 gang can pull together a committee and make this happen. Every Worldcon is far more seat-of-your-pants than anybody outside knows, and there are a bunch of people waiting in the wings to make sure that a Nolacon-sized disaster doesn't happen again (not that Toronto didn't aspire to that level of disaster).

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com